Friday, June 11, 2004

Through the Mist and Fog Come Clarity

Ok, i think i am done having my temper tantrum.

I am going to start attempting to focus on the stuff that is working in my life, instead on that which doesn't seem to be working at all.

Like the walk i took last night.

I believe i have made a new friend. Now, i have been pondering the definition of friend alot these days and have had a hard time coming up with anything definitive. Perhaps a friend is someone with whom you can be yourself and who will offer up their time to support your growth. If that is true, then i do believe a friend has been born. Anyway, we went for a walk last night along the infamous Vancouver Seawall. It was raining and cold and yet it didn't occur to us that that should stop us. We walked and walked and slowly i remembered. I remembered why this place has been in my dreams for over a year. I remembered why i choose peace and tranquillity over anger and panic. It was dark and the mist so thick i could see nothing more than the tiny pinpricks of light on the mountains of West Van. But the ocean was there and life was good. Thank you Eric and thank you Universe that brought me there.

Conversations at Catus Club:
1. What defines cheating?
2. Can one be compassionate AND believe there are no victims?
3. If you agree that death is not a negative experience, then why try to save the world from destroying itself?
5. Why do we either cling to labels or outwardly reject them?

Yes, i have found fellow 'deep talkers' and they are brilliant and unique. It has been a good week. I release my anxiety and harken to a piece of sage advice from the Brian book of Wisdom..."Don't worry...it will all work out in the end...or it won't."

So...tomorrow night i lindy-hop, soon i will be employed and before i know it Vancouver will start feeling like home instead of some silly joke i am playing on everybody.

Or it won't.

Either way, pass the kethup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home