Monday, June 14, 2004

28

Tomorrow i will be 28 years old.

I start this blog with my new roommate Kyle Murray's signature quote:
"Work like you've never been hurt,
Love like nobody's watching,
Dance like you don't need the money."

Also a suggested book for those of you who battle between the metaphysical and the scientific: Natural Grace by Matthew Fox and Rupert Sheldrake. This book is hurting my brain and warming my heart. Also, it is reminding me how many different things can all be true at the same time...a limitless universe.

My biggest accomplishments of being 27? The grandest was leaving Toronto. Selling everything i owned and just leaving. It was definitely what i needed to shake up my life.

The greatest discovery? The Centre for Conscious Living and all that followed after.

My darkest day? The walk in the park that confirmed that i could no longer be with Aidan Simpson -- as those dark, foreboding clouds suddenly descended over Wascana...yup, that was pretty much hideous.

What i hope for in my 28th year? CLARITY. Clarity about what I want, where i am going and who i am now that i don't have my obvious guideposts. And CONFIDENCE. Confidence that, without someone to save me, i will float...and then swim...and then find my own lifeboat...and then sail my own wave. Just those 2 things...with a little money and fun and love and health thrown in!

OK....who am i kidding?? I would also like to become a better lindy-hopper, pay off the rest of my student loan, finish all my 100 and 200 SOM classes, visit Tofino, have a fun, lighthearted fling, become the owner of a new car, volunteer for something i believe in, see Casey, keep blogging, memorize one full song on the guitar, kayak, fall in love with Vancouver, decorate my own apartment, touch Dawson City again, perform for the fun of it, sleep in a tent with someone who makes me laugh, be at Joelle's wedding, make another piece of Konkin Art and get good at meditating.

And above all...get me a job i love!

As for a website, i send you all www.blogger.com and hope to see your ponderings in cyberspace where i can be that much closer to you.

Happy Birthday to ME, Happy Birthday to ME, Happy Birthday dear Krista, Happy Birthday to MEEEEEEEEE!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home