Monday, September 06, 2004

Money, Alcohol and A Whole Lotta Lovin'

How do i even begin to explain my weekend?

I partied this weekend with a whole new crowd of people. The thing about these people that make them so different from my usual crowd is pretty much one thing :

Money.

I have never seen money so easily spent in all my life. I lived, for a weekend, in a world where you order exactly what you want from a menu, you have valets park your car, you pay taxi drivers to drive you to a couple of different convenience stores in the middle of the night so that you can purchase a disposable camera, you rent hotel rooms in 5 star hotels so you can pass out, you demand ridiculous things in the wee small hours of the morning from the concierge and they eagerly comply, you pick up tabs that are bigger than my monthly income and, at the end of the adventure, you haven't even spent enough to remotely faze you.

It is a world of financial flow...these people make it as fast as they spend it...they have no fear around money...for them it is merely a tool to create challange and excitment and to share with all your friends. I was both appalled and intrigued, shocked and in awe of this attitude and energy around money. There was never the ill treatment of anybody - there was not alot of bragging - it was actually quite healthy. It was extremely educational for me and quite a bit of fun. I am thinking it is good for me to hang out with these people. I am thinking no one is put on your path by mistake.

I am thinking that due to my corporate bonding i may be leaving La Casa soon and put on another project. I am thinking that i am going to continue on this real estate path for awhile.

I think alot.

Which brings me to Brent David. I think i think too much for some men. Living in the now has been fun, but i am not made to be a non-chalant lover. I can be a laid back flirt, date, friend, etc, etc...but not a lover. So...we back up and i learn a little bit more about myself. Life is good.

Summer is gone. Autumn descends, crisp, biting, new. The city people leave and i am left alone with the lake and the wind. I feel changed with the seasons. I wear a sweater and roll my pants down.

The butterfly becomes restless for her release.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home