Friday, August 20, 2004

The Corporate Craziness at La Casa

This past week has been a blur.

I have been in the middle of office drama and i am not used to office drama. I am used to theatre drama, but not the office-type...it generally looks the same just with more desks and money.

My manager has been fired. I have watched someone lower than me, be promoted over my head and am too tired to care. No one knows what they are being paid, the front sales room feels like a bad day at The Brick as the REAs (sales people) dive at each client walking in like they are starving dogs and i still have 12 bosses all who tell me that all the other bosses are idiots and not to listen to anyone but them.

Now the challange becomes to stay positive and connected to the Truth which is that there is only Love.

This is not a common practise in the corporate world.

Two nights ago i decided to stick up for myself and write a mass email to head office that basically said unless certain things change i will have to leave. I expected from them a shrug and a wave goodbye, but instead they all leapt to the forefront and for the first time in 3 weeks made some major changes. I can not lie, this made me feel important and needed and a little bit powerful. I will not abuse that power, but La Casa and 20/20 Properties needs me and so i stay here at Kelowna.

The question is: how do i feel about how involved i am getting in such a non-artistic career path? Do i continue to pursue it after i leave La Casa? Could Real Estate be my vehicle down the path to my bigger dream? Could it be a means to an end that i could utilize in a positive way and not allow to eat me alive? Is it really in me to be involved in an industry that is so incredibly focused on money?

Or will i leave here at the end of September and watch this crazy experience fade off into the sunset --- becoming nothing more than a story to tell?




1 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. I could relate to the stuff at workplace. It reminds me of the place where I used to work.

August 20, 2004 at 10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home