Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Our Deepest Fear

Things do not enter my life by accident or coincidence. This i am sure of. Especially if they keep entering my life, again and again. I first read this following quote when i read the book A Return To Love which is based on A Course in Miracles. Then, while working for Monica earlier this year, i noticed that she had this quote muralled onto her bedroom wall in gold gilt paint. Then, yesterday, Jennie emails me a quote that she has just read and that she is sure that i should hear. No mistakes. I am trying to let the words sink in as i am convinced that they are angels, these words, in their own way, guiding me.
Here is the quote:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant,gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinkingso that other people won't feel insecure around you.We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

a return to love - marianne williamson
quoted aslo by Nelson Mandela after his release from prision as he addressed the world in total acceptance and forgivness.

I wrote in my journal the other night that i feel like i have retired for a spell from the wild, exciting rides at the fair to the tame and traditional ferris wheel. I am sitting in my creaky seat, going around in slow, predictable circles and am feeling a sense of relief. Safety. Breath. I can see such miraculous views from the top and don't feel at all envious of the whirling lights and thrilled screams coming from the crazier, more popular rides. I have done those rides and, although i enjoyed them at the time, i also have the distinct memories of how sick they often made me. I am enjoying my ferris wheel. It isn't forever. I have not forgotten that i am brilliant, gorgeous, fabulous and talented. I know that i am not really a ferris wheel type girl and that soon i will grow restless to spread my wings once again.

But for now i rest. Up and over and up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home