Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Keepin' My Stick on the Ice

Life is just so cool. Cool and strange and awe inspiring.

Due to my recent corespondance with Cory A. from high school, i recieved an email from 2 names that have not passed my lips in years. Old friends, high school friends and, in one case, an elementary school friend. Out of the blue (but by no accident) these wonderful souls appearred in my inbox.

Tonight, an ex and kindred spirit who i have not seen in 3 years will lay his head on my pillow.

Last night, i walked the seawall again with my buddy Eric and was reminded of how incredibly far i have come since that last walk in the rain in June. It was like i was watching myself and barely recognizing the girl in front of me.

I made plans to see Aidan again. For coffee. For a beautiful goodbye, as he put it. This is a step towards the peace i desire in regards to that man.

MOVIE SUGGESTION: "What the Bleep do We Know?" Playing in independent-y theatres in major centres. RevC described it as the Metaphysical answer to Mel Gibson's Passion movie.

BOOK SUGGESTION: Cool To Be Kind ... A written documentary of 4 (very good looking) Canadian College boys' trek across Canada doing random acts of kindness. Just 'cause they noticed that the world come use some love...

Two things that make me frown: my dwindling eyesight. If i am to get a BC driver's licence then i have to take an vision test and i am not sure i would pass it. That is noooooo good. AND i think i may have a cavity. Ug. ug and ug.

Read something last night about how creating a life is more about waiting and watching than it is about doing anything. When you are on the path that i am on, you no longer try to muscle your way into having a life. Instead you utilize faith and breathe while your authentic roads paves its way for you. I also read that ANXIETY is ok...normal and expected...especially when your leaping off cliffs and trusting the net will appear.

My net appearred. To all you reading this, i send you as many nets as you venture to leap.

Post Script: Did i mention my boss looks like Lucy Lui?

I say that makes me Drew Barrymore.

Anyone wanna be my Cameron?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home