Friday, October 15, 2004

Slap My Ass and Call Me Sally Sauce

Someone has officially asked me to lend them money.

Let me repeat.

Someone has officially asked ME, Krista J. Konkin, to lend them money.

This is a big day in the 'healing-the-money-issues' journey.

Feels like jumping off a cliff to take an action that will solidify that not only do i have enough money for my own needs, but that i have that and MORE.

Plus, mom is going to give me her car. Or sell me her car. Either way, when Jennie arrives on the 1st she will be arriving in a 1993 Nissan Altima. Goodbye to sitting on latenight buses beside smelly drunk characters. Krista's getting a car and she couldn't be happier about it.

Ok, well actually i could. Mom is a little more stressed about buying a new car then i would like. It makes me feel guilty and responsible and i don't want her unhappy. But she made the decision and i will just have to trust that when she is sitting behind the wheel of her brand new Accord or Corolla or Jetta or PT Cruiser that her negativity will melt into sheer joy.

Jennie was saying that her therapist made this point: sometimes overly optimistic people can be downright rude. Well, i wouldn't want to be rude - loving my life so ridiculously as i do - so here is a thought.

I have a crush that i can't shake and the guy is sooooo not worthy of my time or attention. He does not treat me especially well nor is he remotely interested in - well - anything outside of himself. We no longer speak, hang out, email or chat. It is for the best. But deep under my cool facade is this truth...i want him to like me. i want him to want me. i want to kiss this man. i want him to be affected by that kiss.

Annoying to feel this way. Embarassing. Silly. Unrealistic. Harmful. Waste of my time.

I don't even really have any great theories as to how to best manage this crush. All i can do is keep away from the guy as to protect myself from his lack of respect for me and keep crushing silently, secretly. I would like release. I suppose i could tell him how i felt, get the rejection i know would follow and perhaps feel alot more closure about it.

Or i could just blog about it and hope that it all goes away.

My little snag in the rainbow that is my life. My weekend shall be filled with sleeping and decorating and lounging and brunching and prepping for 3 full weeks of visitors....

oh, and lending someone money.

Bank Of Konkin. Baby, how far i've come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home