Monday, October 25, 2004

Shanti!Shanti!Shanti!

I just stumbled across the coolest website....www.worldprayers.org

Here is a quick summary and example of what the website is all about:

"I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world. I believe that they are all God-given and I believe that they were necessary for the people to whom these religions were revealed. And I believe that if only we could all of us read the scriptures of the different faiths from the standpoints of the followers of these faiths, we should find that they were at bottom all one and were all helpful to one another."
--mahatma gandhi

So, i have booked my ticket home. I will be flying outta here on the 22nd and coming back on the 2nd. I am excited to go home. With Rochelle and Jennie and Lanita and i all together again - and with Cory back in my life, i feel like it'll be this young, fun, blast-from-the-past sorta holiday and i can't wait. Perhaps i am having an almost-thirty mid-life type crisis. Heck, i sat and listened to the new Greenday albulm at Virgin records on Saturday afternoon and enjoyed it. Something's gotta be up.

My visit with Derick is turning out to be pretty much non-existant. He is spending most of his time with his guy friends and i am all for it. I just can't give him the kind of fun he is in search of...i spend my time lindyhopping, drinking tea, singing in choir, having intense talks, studying mystic philosophies and working at a real estate investment firm. He is needing booze, strippers, poker and all-nighters. It was good to see him briefly, but i don't wanna cramp his vacation.

I have changed alot in the last 3 years. A L O T. This became very apparant this weekend hanging out with D. I am proud of how far i have come.

Jennie arrives in one exact week. This is a big WOOHOO. Until then i am starting a meditation class tonight, dancing up a storm and wondering what i should do for the Halloween weekend. I don't think i will be doing much of anything. Which is sad.

Cold in the office this afternoon. Vancity is freezing cold these days. Hands like icicles. Brrrrrrr.

Suppose i have really entered my first Vancouver winter. People say that it can make the most cheery people blue. I dunno. So far, i am perfectly content. Needing to purchase more sweaters, yes, but content none the less.

Contentment doesn't make for very interesting blogs does it? Hmmmm. Better drudge up some drama soon.

I will see what i can do.

1 Comments:

Blogger S! said...

I do not if you already have, but I think you will enjoy reading about Zen Buddhism. A book I can recommend right away is "The ways of Zen" by Alan Watts.

A very interesting anecdote on tea as well in that book!

S!

November 5, 2004 at 2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home