Monday, December 13, 2004

Candycanes and Coffee Filters

I am grump E.

I am not even really sure what has triggerred this bad mood. But i feel like crying. Or choking someone. I get off the phone with some totally innocent client, have a perfectly normal conversation and then slam down the receiver thinking 'fuck, buddy, really.' Even an email from Jordan hasn't cheered me up. I feel seperate, misunderstood and really really tired.

It's fascinating to observe, actually.

My weekend was this cloak of warm fuzz. I was the victim of cupid, sliding on rainbows and tightening on my paraglider in excitment to leap off the hugest of cliffs - even the one called falling in love. This weekend was perfect.

Then i come in today and everything starts off great...i am dipping a candycane into my tea and humming I'll Be Home For Christmas. But by 10am i am angry. We have run out of coffee filters and somehow this is prompting everyone to transfer their coffee-addicted aggression onto me. Everyone is sick, including she who covers my lunch shift so i get no break. I receive about 14 surveys to enter and respond to - up from a daily average of 2. And i am fully aware of the 23 errands i need to run without the time or energy to run them. Still. Usually this kind of stuff would roll off me, duck's back style. Don't know why right now i seethe. Why all i want is to crawl into bed and not emerge until this ugly cloud of blue and black washes away. Why and how so many people can live like this most of their lives...

So, in this less than attractive mood i send you: concerts at cultural centres, cupid's carress, change especially if massive, carrotjuice, coffee addiction support groups, CRM training, cousins on layovers, Chapters gift cards, a good CRY, Crunch Salsa-cardio CD-Roms...

Cha, cha, freakin' cha.


2 Comments:

Blogger Small Routines said...

Aw, that's bad. But these things happen. But then it could've been worse. Like you could've been a cow doctor. And like Terry Pratchett said, ""There's more pressure on a vet to get it right. People say "It was God's will" when granny dies, but they get ANGRY when they lose a cow."

!! If that stupid joke made it worse, sorry!!

This C thing of yours is really nice. And Contentment will Come Back Chuckling and Chortling in Cee Blue Pyjamas, just wait and see!

December 13, 2004 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Jennie Grado said...

ah, kj. you are bright and charming - even and especially in your anger and tears.

i send you more love than you can possibly know what to do with.

and if that doesn't work i send you chocolate coconut cheesecake...

j.

December 13, 2004 at 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home