Thursday, December 02, 2004

C

This is the month of Christmas and i now dedicate it to words beginning with C.

Duane OKane's talk last night inspired me to this realization.
I want to be these 3 things:

Conscious. Creative. Curious.

In Duane's opinion THE most important thing one can be is curious. Interested.
I say, amen.

Another C word that i have come to love:

Choice.

An interesting thing happenned yesterday. I left my purse on my desk (as always) and was off with the maintenance guy talking about our temperature problems. When i came back, a woman from the office was standing beside my desk with my purse in her hand and a look of horror on her face. "DO NOT LEAVE YOUR PURSE OUT IN THE OPEN KRISTA, " she admonished me, "THERE IS THEFT IN THIS BUILDING. IT IS VERY UNSAFE!" She was visible shaken at the extreme lack of concern about my stuff. I smiled and thanked her for her advice, but when she saw that i was not sorry, she kept on. "SERIOUSLY KRISTA! WHAT IF YOUR WALLET WAS STOLEN?? YOU CAN'T BE SO TRUSTING!" At this point other workers had emerged from their offices and were bonding as a tribe, starting to tut-tut my carelessness and share their stories of theft and heartbreak. Then i said something that shut them all up and most likely aided in their conclusion that i am - point blank - Crazy.

"You guys don't get it," i said, "people don't steal from me."

And i meant it. It seems ridiculous to me to think that some random monster of a person would come up to our floor, into our office, reach over my counter and steal from my purse. I have total faith that my purse is completely safe. That i am safe. That there is nothing to fear. Call me Crazy. This is what i know. And so it is.

I send you cookies and crystal skies, caramel chocolate, chiropractors and candle light, caroling with a Cory, a safe cry, Chai lattes, a hearty congratulations and close contact with All That Is.

Cheers!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home